Remembrance Purchasing Group was formed for the benefit of independent funeral homes. It is member owned and operated. Its mission is to increase the buying power of independent funeral homes so they can better compete with large publicly owned funeral homes.
- Do you think that independent funeral homes such as yourself have the same deal as SCI and Carriage homes, in terms of price, marketing allowances and volume rebates?
- Our research indicates that independent funeral homes are at a 10-15% disadvantage and have limited incentive programs
- Why is there such a difference?
- SCI and Carriage negotiate as one unit
- Vendors have a lower cost to service these homes
Solution – Form a Buying Group
- Independent funeral homes join a group to negotiate with vendors for marketing and growth rebates.
- By grouping together we can negotiate better deals
Key Points of the Buying Group
- The mission of the group
- Negotiate volume and growth incentives for group member purchases
- Members remain independent in operating their business
- Board of directors elected from the members will manage the group
- It is critical for Initial members to be willing to move to their second choice supplier.
- Earned allowances and rebates will be paid quarterly to the membership